Twice a year the library staff display their current book favorites for you to read and enjoy. Rate the books you read from the display by submitting a ballot at your branch in order to enter a drawing for a $25 gift card. Check out what the library staff considers current "good reads" and give us your feedback on our choices by voting at a branch and posting a comment.

Sunday, January 1, 2012

ASSAULT WITH A DEADLY GLUE GUN by Lois Winston

Anastasia Pollack thinks she has hit bottom when she is left with a dead husband, his $50,000 gambling debt, two teenage sons and a nasty Communist mother-in law. When a coworker is found dead in her office chair, she realizes it can get worse.

Place Hold on Book
Place Hold on eBook

Read-a-Likes

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love this book! I have been a fan of the Mystery genre since I was a young girl and this just takes the cake. It's fun and keeps you guessing. You never know what is going to happen next. I recommend this book to any fan of mystery.

Anonymous said...

I loved this book. It was funny and kept me guessing. I can't wait to read the next book in the series.

Britt said...

3 stars
Wanted to love it and just didn't. Not bad, but not amazing.

Anonymous said...

Maybe it's just because I wasn't in the right mood, but this one was more than a bit over the top - and too silly to enjoy.

Laural said...

I'm currently reading this one. I'm really enjoying it. Loving all the fun twists and turns the story is taking.

Kate said...

I thought this book was ridiculous. Poorly written and developed, with too much 'middle school humor' for me to enjoy. I'm a fan of easy reads, but this just wasn't even worth it.

Captain Curmudgeon said...

I'm a sucker for clever titles but this one didn't pay off. Made this comment on page 76:

Would be pretty cheap if [name omitted] turned out to the villian.

It was cheap, all right. One of a huge number of Stephanie Plum imitations but not funny.